In this workshop, instructor Kathy Dempsey will help you get bylines by sharing her insider knowledge on book, magazine, newsletter, newspaper, and online publishing, based on 20 years in various positions at the library publishing company Information Today, Inc.
Learn how proposals are evaluated and chosen, what traits they look for in potential authors, the pitfalls of group authorship, and much more!
Who should attend:
Anyone who wants to publish anywhere in the library press
By the end of this program, participants will:
- Know how to approach an editor with an idea
- Understand what editors look for, expect, and respect
- Know how to write solid proposals for articles and books
- Have a general idea about what to expect from the publishing process
- Have learned the difference between writing for print and online
- Have a list of Do's and Don'ts for working with the library press
- Have an advantage over people who send blind queries without knowing what it takes to get noticed and accepted
Questions about registration or cancellation? Visit METRO’s Registration Info page for policies and procedures.