We're passing along the following announcement on behalf of our colleagues at Columbia University.
REGISTER NOW: 12TH COLUMBIA LIBRARY SYMPOSIUM, FRIDAY, MARCH 20, 2015
Catalyst for Change: A Symposium in Honor of James G. Neal
The 12th Columbia Library Symposium will honor the work of James G. Neal, University Librarian Emeritus, Columbia University. Panel discussions will focus on several areas where Neal provided important leadership throughout his career, including:
- the evolving workforce and new staffing models for academic and research libraries
- leveraging external funding to fuel innovation and organizational change
- the importance of and dangers inherent in strategic planning
- deep engagement with information policy issues, including open access, copyright, and intellectual freedom.
Speakers and panelists will include:
- Greg Cram, New York Public Library
- Lorcan Dempsey, OCLC
- Miguel Figueroa, ALA Center for the Future of Libraries
- Joshua Greenberg, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Barbara Jones, ALA Office of Intellectual Freedom
- Heather Joseph, SPARC
- Anne Kenney, Cornell University
- Deanna Marcum, Ithaka S+R
- Maura Marx, Institute for Museum and Library Services
- James G. Neal, Columbia University
- Mark Puente, Association of Research Libraries
- Elliott Shore, Association of Research Libraries
- Rita Van Duinen, Council of Library and Information Resources
- Donald Waters, Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
For more information or to register for the event, visit http://symposium.cul.columbia.edu/.
We look forward to seeing you in March!
[Update: this article was edited to include registration details - 2/9/2015]