We're excited to announce the two keynote speakers we will hear from at METRO's 2017 Annual Conference.
Jeff Goldenson is the Library Director at Olin College of Engineering and a creative placemaker. The Olin Library is an interdisciplinary hub for research, creativity, mixed-media events, and storytelling.
Jeff has been a creative researcher in variety of contexts: from the MIT Media Laboratory; to EdLab at Columbia University; to the Harvard Library Innovation Laboratory. He takes an experimental approach as Library Director while maintaining a deep respect for the core mission of libraries..
Marie Oestergaard is Head of Community Engagement, Partnerships and Communication, Dokk1 / Project Leader of Dokk1, Aarhus, Denmark.
Since 2001, Marie has been part of Aarhus Public Libraries’ development of the physical library of the future. Focusing on interactions, user-involvement, network-development, prototyping and communication in the physical library space, Aarhus has investigated new technologies, involvement processes and learning. In a wide range of projects and processes with users, network and partners Marie has focused on the development of the “next library” – the library of the future.
You Should Speak, Too!
We hope you will consider presenting at our conference too! Submit a proposal by this Friday, October 14 at midnight. Here are the questions we ask on the form.
- Collaborator info
- Working title
- Questions about your presentation:
- If you were to assign your session three or four tags, what would they be?
- What time frame do you estimate you will need for your presentation?
- If your presentation is designed to be interactive, what activities will you include?
- We welcome a broad range of voices and ideas at this year's conference. Please describe how your proposal helps to welcome new or underrepresented ideas or perspectives regarding our profession.
- Twitter handle (optional)
Any questions? Email Davis Erin Anderson at deanderson [at] metro [dot] org.