Members of the METRO community are encouraged to check out the latest update from the Digital Content and Libraries Working Group of the American Library Association. Members of the group have been working hard over the summer months in their continuing efforts to tackle the library community's many ebook-related issues.
Highlights of their activities include:
- release of report on “Ebook Business Models for Public Libraries"
- issue of first tip sheet on digital rights management
- member Carrie Russel's participation on an ebooks and libraries panel on NPR’s Diane Rehm Show.
- planning for a fall visit to New York-based publishers
- continuing advocacy work, including creation of a media toolkit to be released later this month
For the full post with all the details, including various members' appearances at upcoming conferences, please see ALA's e-content blog: