Readers might be interested in a free workshop on building and designing a wireless network in a library environment. Here are the details from the registration page.
Date: April 22, 2011
Time: 2:00PM - 4:00PM
The class is scheduled on Fridays from 2:00pm to 4:00pm for four weeks, starting April 22, 2011.
Speaker: Yixiong Xu, CISSP
Sponsored by: The New York Academy of Medicine
Location: The New York Academy of Medicine, 1216 Fifth Avenue at 103rd Street, New York, NY 10029
The New York Academy of Medicine will host a series of classes on how to build and design your wireless network. The class is free to all member libraries of NLM and METRO members who are interested.
The class targets the following people, who are interested in learning how to set up wireless network at a library environment, but
- Who do not know where to look for the materials.
- Who know where to get the material but having problems to digest the materials.
- Who can digest the materials but having trouble to connect the knowledge to the wireless equipment.
- Who know the wireless equipment but do not know how to merge them to a real IT network.
- Even people know all the above, each institution is unique. The discussion in the class is the best way on how to improve themselves.