The Rare Book and Manuscript Library at Columbia University Libraries is seeking a Digital Archivist. From the position listing:
The Columbia University Rare Book & Manuscript Library (RBML) seeks a skilled and accomplished electronic records archivist to help design and implement a curatorial and archival program for born-digital materials. While this position is in the RBML, it will work with all of Columbia's special collections units in developing and coordinating a robust and consistent archival program for born digital materials.
Reporting to the Curator of Manuscripts and University Archivist, the Digital Archivist is responsible for identifying and managing born digital content in RBML collections.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops and maintains file plans, retention schedules, procedure manuals and guides to support the effective collection and management of born digital content;
- Takes the lead in helping develop policies and technical standards for digital content creators, both within Columbia and within the professional archival community;
- Works with the University Archivist to survey campus departments, offices, and website for University digital assets of enduring legal, administrative, and historical value;
- Collaborates with the staff of the Libraries Digital Programs Division on the design and functional requirements for an electronic archives management and preservation system;
- Serves as the resource person for Columbia's special collections on evolving standards and best practices for born digital content management and administration;
- Keeps statistics and prepares regular reports on manuscript and archival processing; supports and participates in RBML reference and public service. Participates in unit-wide planning and committee activities;