(New York NY)
The New Museum of
Contemporary Art is seeking a digital archivist intern for the
implementation of an online digital archive of the museum's
institutional and programming history. New Museum has developed an open
source database and need assistance with launching this ground breaking
new initiative to the public.
Archivist responsibilities include the following:
• Catalogue and enter into database digital assets of the museum including images, audio files, videos and documents.
• Refine and implement methods for cataloguing and digitizing current and future archive materials (images, documents, audio and video files).
• Complete matrix of all archive contents, track and research missing materials.
• Archive sort, cataloguing and inventories of hard copy materials.
• Work closely with IT Manager and Web Site Manager on any de-bugging, back end user issues and web based interface.
• Archivist will execute in-house scanning and metadata entry of text based documents, photographs, hard copy printed materials, edit audio and video files and prepare file formats and sizes for uploading.
• Research and create links with appropriate library and research networks that would allow archive holdings to be accessed by scholars and researchers nationally and internationally.
• Assist with training staff on cataloguing, scanning and meta-data entry.
Requirements: Currently enrolled in Information & Library Science B.S. or M.S. program or already have degree. Experience with databases, metadata protocol with knowledge of contemporary art preferred. Will report to Deputy Director and work closely with New Museum archive team consisting of IT Manager, Web Site Manager and Curatorial staff. This is a part time, unpaid internship with 2-3 days required.
All interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.