Tuesday, July 13 from 4:30pm - 7:00pm
Brooklyn Public Library, Central Library
This free event is an effort to provide support for all library workers in NYC who are job hunting, unemployed or facing potential layoffs
- "Locating and Using Local Career Development Opportunities", Tom Nielsen from the Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO)
- "E-Portfolios and Profiles: Using Free Web Tools to Prepare for the Job Market", Susanne Markgren from ACRL/NY
- Speed mentoring sessions: Meet one-on-one with library workers from academic, special, medical and public libraries for advice and networking - arrive early to sign up for a time slot
- Resume review roundtables
- Spotlight sessions
- Networking and resource tables: Meet with representatives from various associations and agencies and find out about available resources and services
- And much more!
The Library Workers' Skill Share event is sponsored by the Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO) and ACRL/NY.